Saturday, March 11, 2017

Speaking out "the Name!"

Speaking out “the Name!”

All of us humans certainly have “special and memorable moments in one’s life and this situation certainly made an impression on me…and I live to share it when I can!  Quite a few years ago…it happened and to this day…I am still overwhelmed with the happening!  The POWER of a name…yes…that’s it…it’s all about the name!

Remember when we had those outside telephone booths,
usually seen in a shopping area?  You could set your purse down on the ledge, and make a call, even using your calling card? 

Well that is exactly what I did!  My car was at the car wash across the street, and I needed to check into my office for any messages (yes, sorry this was before we at an average had a cell phone) …so I pulled out my calling card (ha - yes this might sound very ancient to some of you!) and started to dial my office desk number and as I did…I saw to the right of me a person pedaling on his bike coming towards me…and as he got closer…he reached for my wallet…yes right there in my hand….and snatched it…while I was standing there!

I was in total shock…and stood there dumbfounded for a moment!  I then saw him racing like crazy around the corner of the shopping center…and I called out “STOP in the Name of JESUS!”…and guess what?  HE STOPPED DEAD STILL OF HIS BIKE!  Like a puppet…just a dead stop in his tracks…there on his bike “stunned” with this look on his face “what am I doing???”  I quickly ran to him…grabbed my wallet out of his hand and somehow – you would think there would be an anger arisen in me, and I could have belted him one!  Right?  But I didn’t do this, surprisingly…I grabbed him by the shirt and spoke “In the Name of Jesus, come to know Him as your Savior!” Now where did that come from?  Well this was all a very interesting situation…but I know why I responded this way….

That morning, I recall, I had been studying God’s Word, and yes I did have a very precious & quiet time in His Presence…and I believe God knew what would come to pass later that morning and He had prepared my heart to stay calm, full of His Word and be prepared to deal with the situation!  Yes..I believe this!

To continue with the story, after taking back my wallet which he held “stunned” in his hand, the young man, said “yeah yeah sure lady, sure lady” and raced off pedaling like it was his very last ride!  He was gone, and I was standing there with my wallet, taking in all I had just experienced! 

I thought about what had happened….gosh all those words that came out of my mouth!  It was truly amazing…but I give God all the glory for what had just taken place!  Dwelling on the situation I realized how powerful this Name is "Jesus" really is!  I believe that in the Name of Jesus the “enemy of our soul” satan, has to submit, has to surrender….and so did this person on that bike!

Boy oh Boy….that Name…JESUS is  P o w e r f u l  !!!!  I am to this day overwhelmed and stand in awe of that experience!  God was ever so’ faithful to respond to His Name…It had been tender on my heart that morning as I studied His Word and when in need, it came quickly, and I spoke it outward and the Lord intervened! 
 
These scriptures confirm to me what took place that late morning:

Psalms 107:13
Then they cried unto the Lord in their trouble, and He delivered them out of their distresses.

John 14:13
And I will do whatever you ask in My name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Jeremiah 33:3
Call unto me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.

Psalms 91:15
He will call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him.

Psalm 34:4
I sought the LORD, and He answered me, and delivered me from all my fears.

Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart.

Jeremiah 29:13
You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.

 Matthew 7:8
For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Matthew 21:22
If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask in prayer."

Mark 11:24
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Yes I am assured that God will be with me in and through these situations and He will be faithful to me when I call! 


“Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know” 

No comments:

Post a Comment